Have you ever wondered if you could cook bagel bites in the microwave? Well, yes, you can. And it’s easier to cook them in the microwave instead of in an oven. If you’re concerned about the taste, be rest assured that they will taste just as delicious as oven-made bagel bites.
With bagel bites, you don’t have to completely abandon your appetite for a pizza. Ready-made meals are fast becoming the order of the day, and bagel bites are not left out.
In this article, I’ll walk you through how to perfectly make your favorite quick snacks in the microwave.
What are bagel bites?
Bagel bites or pizza bagels are mini bagels with cheese, pepperoni, and pork toppings. They are a quick snack that can fill in for a quick pizza, especially when you’re low on time to place an order.
Moreover, they are highly nutritious. Bagel bites are bite-size, premade meals that come in different flavors. In addition, these premade snacks are sold in packs that you can store in the freezer and heat up when you need a quick meal.
Can you cook bagel bites in the microwave?
Yes, you can. Bagel bites are sold frozen and the best way to quickly get them ready to eat is by cooking them in a microwave.
How long should you cook bagel bites in the microwave?
The cooking time for bagel bites in the microwave depends on the number of bagel bites you’re cooking and the power level you’re cooking. For instance, bagel bites will cook faster when you use high power.
4 bagel bites cook at high power in 55 seconds. 8 bagel bites will cook within 1 minute 45 seconds. It takes 2 minutes 20 seconds to cook 9 to 10 bagel bites in the microwave on high power.
When you’re done cooking the bagel bites, allow them to stand for one minute before you serve.
How do you know bagel bites are done?
You can tell your bagel bites are done when the microwave chimes. Before you rely on the sound from the microwave, you must set the cooking time according to the required duration.
Will bagel bites get softer if you cook them in a microwave?
No, they won’t. If you want softer bagel bites, sprinkle a little bit of water on them and cover them with a paper towel. Afterward, you can microwave them. However, you can only do this for pre-heated bagels.
If you want to make frozen bagel bites softer, cover them with a paper towel without sprinkling water on them. Then, you can microwave.
How to cook bagel bites in the microwave
- Start with unpacking the bagel bites
- Remove the plastic wrap from the crisping tray
- Place the bagel bites on the shiny side of the crisping tray or a microwave-safe tray
- Make sure you space them properly to allow room for them to cook evenly
- Afterward, cook the bagel bites on high power for the required time
- It is important to note that different bagel bites come with different toppings and these toppings influence the cooking time. Follow this duration for 4 bagel bites:
- Cook for 1 minute 15 seconds if your bagel bites have bacon, sausage, egg, and cheese
- If the bagel bites have any combination of cheese, pepperoni, and sausage, cook them for 2 minutes and 30 seconds
- For layers of cheese as toppings, cook the bagel bites for 55 seconds
- Cook buffalo chicken style for 1 minute
- If you got bagel bites supreme pizza (a combination of melted mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, olives, mushrooms, tomato sauce, onions, and green peppers), cook the pack of 9 bagel bites for 2 minutes 20 seconds
- When you’re done cooking bagel bites, bring them out of the microwave
- Leave them to stand for a minute before you serve
Helpful tips for cooking bagel bites in a microwave
- Do not thaw bagel bites before cooking them
- Cooking bagel bites for too long will make them rubbery and chewy or dry
- Also, if you don’t cook them properly, they’ll come out soggy and messy
- Make sure you cook bagel bites according to the required time
- In addition, cook bagel bites to an internal temperature of 165°F (measure the temperature with a food thermometer)
- You can cook bagel bites in the crisping tray they come in. It is more advisable to use this tray because it prevents the bottoms of the bagel bites from getting soggy as they cook in the microwave
- Most importantly, follow the instructions on the pack of bagel bites
How long should you put 20 bagel bites in the microwave?
Microwave 20 bagel bites for 4 ½ to 6 minutes on high power. Remember to rotate the plate of bagel bites when they’re halfway through cooking to ensure they cook evenly. Also, allow them to stand for one minute before serving.
How long should you put 12 bagel bites in the microwave?
Cook 12 bagel bites in the microwave for 2 minutes 45 seconds on high power. If you’re cooking on medium power, it will take more time. Either way, allow the bagel bites to stand for one minute before serving.
Can you cook frozen bagel bites in the microwave?
Yes, you can. Arrange the frozen bagel bites on a tray and microwave them on high or medium power for 2 to 5 minutes. How long you microwave frozen bagel bites depends on the number of bagel bites.
How long can bagel bites stay frozen?
Bagel bites can stay frozen for up to a year as long as you store them properly. Once you have opened a pack of frozen bagel bites, consume them within a week. But, if they are too many to eat at once, you can reseal the bag and keep them frozen for up to a month.
Are bagel bites vegan?
Not all bagel bites are vegan because they contain cheese and other non-vegan ingredients as toppings. If you eat vegan, you can make homemade vegan bagel bites by replacing all non-vegan ingredients with vegan alternatives.
The good thing about bagel bites is that you can store them in the freezer to keep them fresh. They are ready-made meals that cook in minutes in a microwave. So, as long as you have a bag of frozen bagel bites somewhere in the freezer, you shouldn’t be worked up about what to eat.
In addition, bagel bites can make up for your favorite pizza if you are too busy to place an order from your favorite pizza store.
Thanks for reading.
Cheffist has more related articles that provide relevant information on recipes and cooking methods.