Everyone loves rotisserie chicken; it’s a great way to get dinner on the table fast. But the question is “Can you freeze it?”
Yes, you can, and it is easier than you think. Freezing is one of the best things to do with leftover rotisserie chicken, especially if you want to create a new dish out of it.
If you love to eat rotisserie chicken but want to be able to use leftovers and save money, then you’ve come to the right place. Read on to learn everything you need to know about rotisserie chicken and how to freeze it.
What Is Rotisserie Chicken?
Rotisserie chicken is a whole chicken roasted on an electrically powered spit or rotisserie. This method of cooking is known as rotisserie because it involves rotating the meat.
The process allows for the meat to cook evenly, without it drying out on one side and undercooked on the other. It also helps keep the juices inside of the meat instead of leaking out during cooking.
You can find rotisserie chickens at most grocery stores, as well as restaurants and caterers throughout the country. Sellers often sell them by weight, so you can order exactly how many you want to cook at one time.
SEE: Check Out The New Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers Menu
Can You Freeze Rotisserie Chicken?
Yes, you can freeze rotisserie chicken. It is just as easy to freeze it as it is to cook it. However, there are a few things to know about freezing rotisserie chicken.
The first thing to do is remove the meat from the bone and cut it into small pieces. This will make it easier to store the chicken in freezer bags.
Next, you need to make sure that the chicken pieces are well sealed in the freezer bags before freezing. This will prevent moisture from escaping during storage and causing spoilage.
Finally, if you want your rotisserie chicken to last longer than one year, freeze it after cooking rather than before cooking.
SEE: How to Freeze Food and Liquids in Mason Jars
Why Should You Freeze Rotisserie Chicken?
When you freeze your rotisserie chicken, you’ll be able to preserve it for use at a later time. Freezing is especially important if you have guests coming over and want to serve something other than fast food.
In addition, freezing allows you to reuse the leftovers from your rotisserie chicken. You can simply pull out what you need and put the rest back in the freezer for later use.
Also, most stores sell rotisserie chicken in bulk at a discount, so you can buy a lot and freeze it for several months. This will help you save money on your grocery bill because you won’t have to purchase fresh birds every week or two.
SEE: Here’s How to Stop Food Spoilage and Food Poisoning
How to Freeze Rotisserie Chicken
It’s easy to freeze rotisserie chicken, but you will need to prepare the meat first.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discarding any unwanted parts of the meat.
- Place the pieces in a freezer bag or container, pressing out as much air as possible (this will ensure that there are no freezer burn issues).
- Seal the bag or container tightly, label it with the content and date, and then place it in your freezer.
When ready to use, remove your frozen rotisserie chicken from the freezer and thaw it out in the refrigerator (about six to eight hours or overnight).
How Long Can You Freeze Rotisserie Chicken?
Rotisserie chicken will last for up to 3 months in the freezer, but use it within 2 months for the best quality. The package should be airtight, but if you don’t have a freezer bag or an airtight container handy, wrap the chicken in foil before placing it in the freezer.
SEE: Get Free Food or Amazing Discount Church’s Chicken
How to Reheat Rotisserie Chicken
The best way to reheat a frozen rotisserie chicken is in the oven. You can also boil it or microwave it, but there are two important things to keep in mind:
- Make sure that the rotisserie chicken is completely thawed before you cook it. If you reheat it before letting it thaw, you could end up with ice crystals in your meat.
- If you want to boil your chicken, make sure that there are no condensation puddles on top of the water in your pot. If there are, turn off the heat immediately after adding your chicken and let it sit for about 10 minutes before continuing with your recipe.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in the oven
To reheat a frozen rotisserie chicken in the oven, place it on a large baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until it’s heated through.
How to reheat rotisserie chicken in the microwave
To reheat a frozen rotisserie chicken in the microwave, place it on a large baking sheet. Then, place the baking sheet in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 2 to 3 minutes on high power.
SEE: Yummy Foods To Make With Rotisserie Chicken Leftovers
Pros of Freezing Rotisserie Chicken
- Preserve flavor and nutrients: Freezing is a great way to preserve the flavor of your rotisserie chicken for later use. This method of preservation also allows you to preserve the nutrients in your chicken and make sure it’s as healthy as fresh.
- Great for busy people: If you are always on the run, this method will help you prepare delicious dishes and side dishes in no time. You just need to thaw out your frozen meat, and it’s ready for consumption.
- Use leftovers for another meal: Freezing allows you to use leftover rotisserie chicken as an ingredient in another meal or as a side dish for something else. For example, you can add the leftover chicken to a pasta sauce or add it to an omelet for breakfast.
- One-step preparation: This is a great way to cook when you want to make something quick and easy. There is no need to marinate the meat or roast it; just thaw it in the refrigerator and go.
Cons of Freezing Rotisserie Chicken
- Change in texture: Although frozen rotisserie chicken looks good and is a convenient option, it might become dry and hard when you thaw it. To prevent this, make sure to put your chicken in an airtight container and seal it well before freezing.
SEE: How Long Does Raw Chicken Last in the Fridge Before It Goes Bad?
Can you freeze raw chicken?
Yes, you can. To freeze a chicken in its raw form, remove the skin and bones and cut the meat into bite-sized chunks. You can then place the chunks in a freezer bag or container and store them in the freezer until you’re ready to use them again.
However, keep in mind that freezing chicken raw makes it more prone to freezer burn. This means that if you want to make sure your chicken stays fresh for a longer period, you’ll need to cook it before freezing it.
What is rotisserie?
Rotisserie is a cooking method that has been around since the early 1900s and is used in restaurants and homes. In this method, the meat is placed on a rotating spit and slowly cooked over an open flame, turning the chicken as it cooks.
You can find rotisserie cooking equipment at your local home improvement store or restaurant supply store. It’s mostly used in restaurants to make large quantities of food at once.
Can you refrigerate rotisserie chicken?
Yes, you can. The best way to refrigerate rotisserie chicken is to simply place it in a Ziploc bag or container. Seal the bag or cover the container with a lid and then place it in your refrigerator for up to four days.
Is rotisserie chicken healthy to eat?
Yes, it is. Rotisserie chicken is lower in fat than most types of poultry, but it still contains high amounts of protein and vitamins.
You can also choose between dark meat and white meat depending on what you prefer for your diet. Dark meat has more fat than white meat, but both are rich sources of protein and vitamins A, B6, B12, and niacin.
Is rotisserie chicken gluten-free?
Yes, it is. Rotisserie chicken does not contain wheat (or any other grain), so it’s safe for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
If you are unsure whether or not your rotisserie chicken is gluten-free, I recommend checking with the server before eating it.
Rotisserie chicken is a type of spit-roasted chicken that is rotated over the fire, allowing it to cook evenly. If you have some leftovers from your weekly dinners, you can freeze them for later use.
To freeze rotisserie chicken, remove the meat from the bones and cut it into pieces. Place the meat pieces in a freezer bag or an airtight container, then seal and label with the contents and date.
Thanks for reading.
Did you enjoy this article? Visit Cheffist for more.