No, Sprite does not have caffeine.
You just found a perfect caffeine-free soft drink from the Coca-Cola Company.
With the reformation drinks and beverages undergo, followed by the release of various flavors, it’s okay to want to know the contents of your favorite soft drinks.
If you ever felt something like the influence of caffeine after drinking Sprite, it is not caffeine. However, does the caffeine-free status make Sprite a healthy drink? Find out in this article.
Know something about Sprite
- Sprite is a carbonated lemon-lime soda produced by the Coca-Cola Company. It has a crisp, clean and refreshing taste
- It first launched in 1961 and is sold in more than 190 countries of the world
- The beverage is originally West German and was first called Fanta Klare Zitrone
- It came to the US as a rival to 7Up
- Sprite has other flavors like cherry, grape, peach, orange & vanilla. Different varieties, such as zero-sugar and reduced-sugar alternatives, are available for those who want to reduce their calorie intake
- There are also seasonal or regional products like Sprite Cranberry
- Sprite is a mix of water, high fructose corn syrup, natural flavors, citric acid, sodium citrate, and sodium benzoate
Does Sprite have caffeine?
No, it does not.
Sprite is one of the preferred lemon-lime sodas because it is caffeine-free.
Although some other drinks under its parent brand, such as the flagship Coke and Pepsi contain caffeine, it is a successful exception.
Instead of caffeine, the manufacturers use a good amount of sugar to provide the energy boost soda drinkers hope to get from caffeinated beverages.
Is Sprite healthy?
Sprite is caffeine-free but not 100% healthy.
This beverage is very sugary and should not be taken in excess. If you plan to drink Sprite every day, you should reconsider that choice.
And if you already do, you should reduce the frequency already. According to the USDA, a 12-ounce can of Sprite contains 146 calories, 33g of sugar, and 37g of total carbs. This is not something you should be giving your body daily.
However, if you drink in moderation, you can enjoy some benefits like:
- Its caffeine-free nature is good for those who want to reduce their caffeine intake
- The energy boost the sugar content provides
- Remedy for hangovers
Sprite has its pros and cons, but the cons outweigh the pros, which means it should not be part of a healthy diet.
Other caffeine-free sodas
Below is a list of other caffeine-free sodas you can take. However, take them in moderation because they are sugary.
- 7Up and its diet versions
- Sierra Mist and its diet versions
- Diet Coke
- Coca-Cola Zero Caffeine-free
- Pepsi Caffeine-free
- Carbonated water
- Ginger ale
- Cream sodas
- La Croix
- Root beers, except for Barq’s regular root beer
Does McDonald’s Sprite have caffeine?
No, it does not. McDonald’s Sprite is also Sprite, and it is 100% caffeine-free.
Are all lemon-lime sodas caffeine-free?
No, they are not. All lemon-lime sodas are caffeine-free except Mountain Dew and Mountain Dew-like citrus drinks.
Which soda has the most caffeine?
Mountain Dew Zero Sugar is the soda with the most caffeine. It contains 64.8mg of caffeine per 12-ounce can.
The Coca-Cola Company has offered its customers tasty soft drinks, including Sprite. But unlike Coca-Cola and Pepsi, Sprite is caffeine-free.
Although it is caffeine-free, a can of Sprite is enough to give you the energy boost you would naturally rely on caffeinated drinks to give you.
If you’re looking to cut down on your caffeine intake or abandon caffeine completely, welcome to the team of Sprite drinkers.
Thanks for reading.
Visit Cheffist to read more informational articles like this.